TechnologyYou’re an entrepreneur, you know that you’re destined to do something in this Big World. Your talent is probably not online marketing technology. Yet, your business needs it to thrive in the online playground. Even if your marketing is local, Online Marketing Technology is going to still be an important asset for you.
When you’re first starting out, you need to learn how to run your system. You may be the only person doing this for the first year while you build up your business.
When it comes to doing business online, there is a great need for technical skills. You may feel like you have to hire help with marketing, web design or communications. Without knowing exactly what to search for, it is challenging to find the right resources. However, with technology at your fingertips, you can actually play all three roles.
Imagine being able to update your own website without learning how to use HTML coding because that is not what you are good at. Imagine being able to gain more exposure and visibility for your business using social tools. Also, imagine getting your business press coverage on local, national and international levels.
This is possible with technology! Learning technology will give you the edge that is needed in today’s market. The need for tech-savvy entrepreneurs is growing. It is essential to have the skills to send out a newsletter, maintain your website and market yourself on social media.
Successful business owners know that they need to focus on ongoing marketing and buzz that is needed to attract new customers. There are six areas that are crucial components in running your business. Each area should be carefully implemented.
The six areas are:
- Email Marketing – This is the most effective way to market because it works! There are many email marketing services out there. They allow you to build a relationship with your prospects and support sales. You need to know how to integrate and segment using your email service.
- Online Payments – To be profitable, there must be a way to get paid. This could include setting up products, connecting payment buttons and customizing a shopping cart.
- Product Launches – It is not enough to put up an offering on a website and expect it to sell. Launches are what bring in the money. They create sales along with visibility and credibility.
- Productivity – The more you learn, the better you manage your time and the more you can handle. Project management tools are very useful as your business grows and the need for clear communication increases.
- WordPress – Be your webmaster. Turn your website into a powerhouse using WordPress! Google loves WordPress and there is a growing number of websites using it as their platform. WordPress also provides you with a blogging platform tied into your website which is a big part of online marketing.
- Social Media – Everyone is doing it and it is not going anywhere. This will help you spread the word about your business and help you connect with your audience 1:1.
Each work together and when done correctly will help you build your presence and businesses. Embrace technology by learning the skills needed for success online!
Technology makes everything possible.