10 Facts About Me
DISCLAIMER: This website contains affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
So, I’m sitting here at my desk trying to come up with a few topics to write about and I came across a few videos and articles about “50 Facts About Me” and I thought that would be a cool way for you to get to know me better. Well, I don’t have 50 facts, but here are 10 facts about me.
1. I’m 35 years old. I will be 36 in July, which makes me a Cancer. Growing up I’ve always been asked my age whenever I go to apply for a job or going somewhere that only allows 18 and over. They always freak out when I tell them my age or show them my ID. Apparently, my family on my dad’s side are like vampires as they never age. My husband couldn’t get over how young my family looks when we went to my Great Aunt’s funeral 8 years ago.
2. I’ve been married for almost 10 years now. It will be exactly 10 years in November. When we get around other people we tend to make them laugh and become their entertainment for the day. I’ve been told multiple times that we act like we just got married.
3. I have 3 pets. Or should I say my husband and I have 3 pets? We don’t even look at them as pets, but more like our kids since we can’t have any. Our oldest is Leo. She is an 8-year-old red-nose pit bull. The middle child is Izzy and he is a 6-year-old black and white cat, and our youngest is Salem. She is a 1-year-old solid black cat with a Jekyll and Hyde complex. Jokes aside, they all get along great and act like siblings.
4. My favorite color is black. Not sure why, but since I was little black has always been my favorite color.
5. I’m blind in my right eye. I was involved in a car wreck when I was 12 caused by a drunk driver. Thanks to the asshole who crashed into my mom’s car that night, I was left with a metal plate in my head, major damage to my teeth, and a scar to the center of my right eye. Because of that scar, I can only see shapes and colors, but I can’t read or see letters out of it even with glasses on.
6. I curse like a sailor. To be honest, I have said some shit that made bikers blush.
7. I was born with a rare gastric disorder called Gastroparesis. It basically means I have a paralyzed digestive system. I have good days and I have bad days and on the bad days, all I want to do is sleep away the pain. I would love a pain-free day.
8. I also have mental issues. It took me a few tries, but I finally found a good therapist. I have Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder and Borderline Personality Disorder. Both of these disorders come with a lot of Anxiety and Depression. One thing I can’t deal with right now is being around anyone that is wearing masks. Hell, I can’t even have it in my house. It causes me to have severe panic attacks to the point where I smell death. Lucky for me, my therapist is willing to do weekly virtual sessions since their clinic is forcing everyone to wear one.
9. I’m a bit weird. I love wrestling, listening to heavy metal music, shooting pool, and I hate wearing makeup. I only put it on when I have to or when I make gothic cosplay videos.
10. I’m not religious. Sorry folks, but I’m not religious and I have to be honest with you, I really don’t want to be. I’ve tried the whole church thing for my mom and even my husband and other family members, but I just don’t feel or get anything from it. The only time I truly felt something was when I checked out a Wiccan church in Lake City and not only did I feel truly welcomed like I belonged, but while I was there the pain in my throat and back went completely away. I actually wanted to try and go back, but my job got in the way at the time and now with the Rona out there, I’m not going anywhere.
So that’s me. I’ve done my part here so now it’s your turn. Feel free to tell one interesting fact about you in the comments below.
▼ View More Posts Below ▼