DISCLAIMER: This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
Rich aroma, robust flavor, increased energy, and alertness is the usual benefits of drinking coffee. Coffee even has a few health benefits as well. There is much evidence that suggests that drinking coffee lowers the risk of developing Type 2 diabetes, gallstones, Parkinson’s disease, cirrhosis, and maybe even cancers. No wonder my dad stayed alive longer than expected since he loved his coffee (he had cirrhosis before I was born and died of liver cancer).
There are numerous reasons to enjoy a cup of coffee in the morning, even more than a caffeine boost to get you through the day. Many people are simply addicted to coffee (me included) for that fact, yet it provides many more benefits in all areas of your life. Here’s some of the benefits listed below.
1. Caffeine provides positive benefits in performance and memory. This is ideal for completing difficult projects in the workplace with increased focus and alertness.
2. The caffeine in coffee normalizes the brain function, prevents brain degeneration, and protects the motor skills over time.
3. Drinking coffee daily promotes happiness, alertness, energy, a sense of well-being, and sociability. This is why so many people rely on their morning fix to prepare them to start their day.
4. Drinking a cup of coffee before you workout will boost your endurance and stamina. This is ideal to use so that you can burn more calories by working out for a longer period of time.
5. Coffee has a large amount of antioxidants, and most that consume 1.64 cups of coffee per day equals to an intake 1299 mg of antioxidants. Tea comes in a very far second place at 294 mg of antioxidants. The other competitors within the top five are bananas at 76 mg, dry beans at 72 mg, and corn at 48 mg.
In conclusion, coffee has many health benefits, but should only be taken in moderation. Coffee is one of the healthiest beverages next to water which makes it a good alternative to other high sugar beverages such as energy drinks and sodas.
The recommended intake to gain the above benefits of drinking coffee is between three and five cups a day. So start your morning right and drink to your health with a delicious cup of coffee.